training assistance | business programs & services
In Defiance County, Economic Development and Workforce Development have collaborated to create a one stop shop for prospects to come and see what assistance is available from site selection to the hiring process. We are able to offer assistance to all levels of a project, whether it is for infrastructure or training, our office can handle the task.
Business Programs and Services
Average Cost savings for a business for us to handle these services is $900 - $1000 per applicant, depending on what services a business would like us to handle, all services are FREE!
- On-The-Job Training
- Tax Incentives
- Federal Bonding
- Labor Market Information
- Rapid Response/Trade
- Testing for New applicants and/or promotion candidates
- Recruiting Services:
- Pre Screening – applicants will be referred to you based on the qualifications and work experience that you specify
- Job Posting – we can post your vacancies on the Center’s job board or on the Internet using the State’s labor exchange, SCOTI
- Job Fairs & On-site Recruitment – we can offer use of our facility for a job fair. You may also use our facility for interviewing and screening candidates
- Skill Testing – on site skill and aptitude testing software for your potential and current employees.
- Ohio Means Jobs
What Employers and Job Seekers are saying….. “My team and I could not have asked for more. Everyone at the job center has been great in fulfilling our hiring needs and working with us to understand what we are looking for in an employee. Any other employer who is looking for employees should start with Defiance County Workforce Development because the staff is knowledgeable, courteous, professional and does an excellent job (Becky Beamish, Johns Manville). ”